Imperial War Museum Reference 12977.
Park Street New Connexion Methodist Church was built in 1837. After closure in 1953 it was used as a sorting office until around 1970 when it was sold to Harvest Printers. When this company closed a few years ago the building was converted into apartments and named “Park Hall”.
The location of this building can be seen on this map.
Until recently the church’s memorial plaque was thought to have been for members of the Sunday School on Lord Street. On closure of the church, the memorial was transferred to the Sunday School, which subsequently became the Macclesfield Amateur Dramatics Society’s theatre.
When the building was refurbished by MADS in the 1980s, the plaque was saved and has since been in private hands.