Bollington’s civic war memorial is located in a memorial garden in Palmerston Street. The memorial has recently been updated by the addition of two new stone plinths bearing the names of those who lost their lives, including some that were omitted from the original memorial.
The parish war memorial in St Oswald’s Church, Bollington is in the form of a plaque inscribed with the names of the fallen from both world wars on three panels, with an elaborate border. This memorial was originally held in St John’s Church, Bollington.
St Oswald’s Church is also the location of a stained glass window in memory of Sydney Marsland.
Bollington has a Parish Roll of Honour, listing the names of those who served as well as those who died, but many names are missing as it was produced in May 1917, before the end of the war. There are also rolls of honour for employees of the Clarence and Adelphi Mills, which were owned by George Swindells & Son Ltd. These rolls were listed and framed together, and were formerly displayed in St John’s Church, Bollington.
Listed below are those with a Macclesfield connection who are named on a Bollington or Kerridge memorial. For a complete listing of names on the Bollington and Kerridge memorials, please see the St Oswald’s Church website.