Imperial War Museum Reference 52381 (information currently out of date).
A brief history of Beech Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel can be found on the Primitive Methodist Ancestors website.
Beech Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1830, and renovated in 1912.
In 1999 the chapel was bought by the furniture manufacturer and interior designer David Lisle and converted into showrooms.
The location of this building can be seen on this map.
Since the church’s closure the memorial, along with those from the Sunderland Street and Church Street West churches, has had a number of homes including, most recently, Tytherington School and the British Legion offices in Chestergate.
The memorial is now on display in Christ Church, Bridge Street, Macclesfield.
The simple wooden plaque lists the names of 13 men from the church who died in the war.
THESE GAVE THEIR LIVES
IN THE GREAT WAR
GEORGE H. GRIMSHAW
JOHN J. BOOTH
“GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN THAN THIS
THAT A MAN LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS”